· [September 22] More CS-related book suggestions:
Ø Ray Kurzweil, The Age of Spiritual Machines: When Computer Exceed Human Intelligence, 2000
Ø Michael Dertouzos, What will be, 1997
Ø Rodney Brooks, Flesh and Machines, 2002
Ø Ray Kurzweil, The Singularity is near, 2005
Ø Wired, Technology Review and Scientific American Magazines
[September 21] A few books on
Robotics and AI:
CS related books can be found at:
· [September 14] Start working on earning your extra points, don’t wait to do this the last minute. Read the Syllabus to learn how.
· [September 5] Finalize the topic and date of your presentation by Wednesday, September 8, before class time.
· [September 3] Complete your research on Cloud Computing and update your website by Sunday before midnight.
· [August 30] Learn all the details pertaining to your SCS undergraduate curriculum by visiting this URL and reviewing the material distributed in class. There will be a quiz on Wednesday September 1st, 2010.
· [August 26] Complete your research on Computer Science and the Evolution of Computing and update your website by Sunday before midnight.
· [August 23] Watch the Randy Pausch video on Time Management. Build your basic webpage. Summarize the Randy Pausch video as per instructions in the syllabus. Email myself and the TA with a link to your webpage before Wednesday’s lecture.
· Mishab Usman
· Email: mbu "at" qatar.cmu.edu
· Office Hours: T 10-11am and 2-3pm in the ARC (Room 1049)
· Course requirements and details: visit Syllabus.
previous classes in
· For the class schedule and plan: visit Calendar.